Sunday, November 13, 2005
Action plan on NIS/IISER for a group in a large city in India
1. Get yourself fully familiar with the issue by going through this site
2. Write one open letter addressed to PM and XYZ, where XYZ is a SAC-PM (Scientific advisory committee to the PM) member http://www.baral.us/orissa/sacpm or a planning comission member http://planningcommission.nic.in/ who hails from the city that you (or your group) is based in.
(We have SAC-PM members from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kanpur, etc. and Planning Comission members from Delhi, Mumbai, etc. )
If no XYZ is in your city, continue with the plan except skip step 6.
3. Get as many signatures with signatory information (name, address etc.)
as possible (hundreds will be useful)
4. Make all out effort to get the open letter published in local (in your city) and national media (preferably an English paper). Note that the local media will be interested when XYZ is from that city.
5. Send the letter with signature to PM, Smt. Gandhi and put it in a website.
6. After that make an appointment with XYZ and present our case in person in a polite and respectful manner.